I need power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Aug 11, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I have about 12 accounts of my own and I work full time for a landscaping company just mowing and weedwacking. I have all commercial equipment of my own except a string trimmer which is a craftsman...and to be honest with you it works great, and it has pretty good power. The only downfall is it is a waste of string and time because it doesn't have an auto-feed head so I change the string atleast once each lawn, and about 5 inches goes to waste every lawn. At work we use Shindiawa T-260's, but they seem like they are less powerful then my craftsmen which surprised me. So what is a pretty good trimmer that wont cost me over $350 and has some good power?

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm happy with my Echo SRM-230

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

stihl FS85R, awsome! $320, Echo is great too! SRM 210 $199

4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I can only recommend Stihls. All my handhelds are Stihls.

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

stihl fs80r or fs110r 4 cycle with supercut 20-2 full auto heads. they dont make fs85 anymore. my first fs80 lasted 6 years. never once lost power

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Red Max trimmers! I have a BCZ2600S Red Max trimmer and I love it! It has a ton of power and torque, and is extremely reliable! I think I can honestly tell you that Red Max trimmers are the best money can buy!

7. Mattquist

Mattquist LawnSite Member

I like the Kawasaki trimmers. Run forever, and light and comfy. I bought mine for $300.

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

All I feel good about recommending is Stihl. Get a fs110 or fs130 with the 4-mix engine. Those things have soooo much power and more torque than anything I have used. You will never bog either down. GET A STIHL!

9. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

redmax 3000 or shindaiwa t-270

10. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

ditto this
    At first it sounds like it lacks power, you have to get used to the sound. But very smooth running and dependable. No need for the 130, 110 does it all.