I need pricing help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ApolloLandscaping, Aug 17, 2007.

1. ApolloLandscaping

ApolloLandscaping LawnSite Member

What is the going rate in Connecticut for three guys to clear out 200 sq. ft. of brush including lots of thorns, saplings, etc. I figure this will take us 3days at 8hrs/day. I would love to hear what other people would charge either by the hour per man or by the job. Thanks

2. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

first things first.. if you have to worry about what everyone else would charge, you will fail. You should worry about what you have to charge to cover your costs, overhead, and profit margin. That is how much the going rate is as far as you are concerned.

3. ApolloLandscaping

Well its a family member, so I don't want to screw him. I want to give him a good deal

4. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

then give him a good deal.

5. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

i feel its important to no the going rate to see if you are to high to get the jobs, or if your to low and screwing up the market for the rest of the guys in the area trying to make a living.:usflag:

6. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

It won't take three guys three days to clear 200 square feet of brush.

7. NNL&LS

NNL&LS Banned
    from zone 5

Wow! I didn't catch that at first.. yep, try one man about one hour.

8. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Your amazingly fast!

9. ApolloLandscaping

well when I said brush it includes dense thorn bushes and many trees. The wood is being burned while we work. It's really a hassle...shitty setup for clearing stuff out.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Then telll him you won't charge ....let him decide what it is worth!