I Need sam help to open my lawn business!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brasasouza, Nov 10, 2005.

1. brasasouza

brasasouza LawnSite Member

I already did all the paper work, and the business is everything good to go, my question know is what i really need to buy for the business, like. Should i buy a used mower or new, should i buy a box truck or just a trailer, i have a brand new Nissan titan and i thing about sale an buy a used truck so i can save Sam money. i have about 18 thousand dollars to open this business if i sale my truck, because i have to pay the left over of the financing. so should i sale the truck and buy a 8.000 dollar's truck and buy all equipment new or should i keep the truck and start with less expensive equipment, if you guys thing is better buy everything new, what should i buy a toro 52" or 60" , i really don't know and i look for friends would like to help me. thank you guys very mutch!!:help:

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

What size lawns are you planning on targeting? The answer will factor into your mower selection. If you have customers with fences, a 52 or 60 is not going to fit thru most gates (at least around me). So you would need another machine for backyards. So depending on your finances, do you want one smaller mower that will go everywhere, or 2 mowers that will enable you to work faster, but will cost more dollars initially. If you can comfortably afford 2 mowers, then you have an instant backup.

Hard to say with the truck...new truck=warranty, used truck=potential problems, maybe no warranty, but less money. A good used late model truck might not be a bad option though.

Don't underestimate the cost for advertising, it can be much more than you might think.
  3. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

I would learn "sam" grammar before I go talking and typing flyers out to customers. It will help you very "mutch".
  4. brasasouza

im sorry for white wrong, im from brazil and im trye to be honest and do good job, but thank you for your help, im just one more persson in this planet tryin to do the writh think. thank you Mr.TWCW5804
  5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

whilst he is working on his grammer maybe you can work on some tolerance mister spellcheck personally i bought brand new to start but i know some people buy good second hand i think it takes longer to shop aroand and buy something good second hand if anything i would try auctions or repo items
  6. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

My apologies to everyone. This guy is just on here trying to learn how to get a business going. Sounds like he has a great start. I would remove my comments but can't figure out how. Thanks.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you don't sell the truck, how much will you have to invest.

$8000.00 would be a great # to start with.

The size of your properties will dictate your mower size. A 44" to 52" walk behind will be a great mower for many properties.
    If you have a lot of smaller lots a 60" may be to big.
  8. brasasouza

thank you for the reply, i apreciate
  9. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

who needs spell check? betcha can read this just fine ..

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

cool huh?
  10. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I would start with a commercial string trimmer, a 36" or 48" walkbehind, and a commercial blower.