I need Septic Help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris, I really enjoy your youtube channel about the farm. I commented on one of the videos how impressive it is and how jealous I am of how well you're doing at such a young age. Keep it up! Maybe one of these days I can use my Journalism degree to come down there to NC and write a story about your farm evolving, and the success you've had in the dirt business at such a young age. It would make a very interesting story I think.

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Do you dig a 3 ft trench and lay it side by side?

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I read that comment now I know who posted it!

Thanks man that would be pretty cool. I must admit this is way more work than I really have time and money for but its something I wanted and if I want something bad enough I'll make it happen.

keep on watching tho theres still so many things than need to be done

4. Dirtman2007

yep did a 3' deep trench and lay it in there just like you see it after you take the plastic wrap off.

on the top there is a piece of fabric that keeps the dirt from going down into it.

its actually pretty strong you can lay it on the ground and jump on it and it really doesn't crush.

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Yes it is tough. We have had so many chamber ( infiltrator) systems collapse that I just do not use them anymore. The product is rated too take the load of a tandem dump driving straight across them. The seperation close works real good. We used too have too cover them with paper. I back fill them and take my mini ex or track loader and run up and down the trench too compact the trench. If possible you can leave a small mound ove rthe trench so that at settling will not leave a depression.

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I collapsed one of those lines with a single axle dump, don't see how it could stand up to a tandem.

7. Dirtman2007

this is why you don't skimp on putting water in the tank! wasted an hour getting it back in the ground today.

I don't know when I'll ever get the lines in the ground with all this rain!

004.jpg

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I did the same thing on my first one, I thought 1 foot of water in the bottom would be enough.

9. Dirtman2007

Live and learn I guess!

10. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

You should probably back fill around it, while your filling it.....I had one that got filled with water, but it had no fill around it, and it blew apart from the inside out. Oops....