i need some help for commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by armyworm, Apr 27, 2007.

1. armyworm

armyworm LawnSite Member

I'm trying to get some commercial accounts, fairly new to trying this .What way are you suppose to approach this and how do I get contact information? thanks fellers:)
  2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

When i started in commercial landscape and lawncare i tried so hard to get them but. I would just advertise and co. owners will ask you to cut thier home and then before you know it u will get their offices also. I used to call from a list and got nothing would stop in and give the maint. guy/girl a brochure and talk but no luck. 4 years ago i had 100% res. Now my business is made up of 60% commercial and it was all from advertising in the newspaper trucks and yellow pages. I feel you have to have a larger ad in the YP to get calls for some of the larger jobs.
  3. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I've tried the phone calls and walking in. Never got a job from it but did put in alot of bids. And sometimes the person would tell me what they was already paying so I knew I was lower. Didn't matter. I believe it's all in who you know. What I've got has came from exsisting customers. I got one once from somebody that picked up my card somewhere.