I need some help with broadleaf weeds

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Olylawnboy, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

so dimension is now organic?

2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

No one here said it was. I thought this thread was about controlling weeds.....

Organic products are the way to go IMO, except when they are too expensive and/or impractical. I used Dimension as an example of a chemical pre-emergent due to its low use rate, hence less impact on the environment.

3. Norm Al

hey man im sorry i thought you realised you were in the organics forum!

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

absoltuly..so?Then you add your organic matter and rebuild the soil and plant.

5. TurfProSTL

I'm in the turf management business, not playing a game of Organic vs Not. I'll continue to utilize the best of both worlds to provide the best lawns possible. At a profit.

Is this an organic lawn care forum or an anti-chemical forum?

6. Norm Al

i agree with you pro!

but the original post in this thread was this:
    so i assumed this person needed a organic method!

7. TurfProSTL

Exactly. Been doing it this way (for those that will pay) for 5 seasons with good results. Plan to continue until there is a PROVEN, PRACTICAL "organic" alternative.....

8. TurfProSTL

My bad. I didn't go back to the original post, just the most recent replies.....

Carry on.

9. ndunn

ndunn LawnSite Member

so anybody know what's in the green guardian? says post-emergent, so that rules out cgm unless I'm confused by all this beer. I've never seen the product before and the website is vague. Or maybe I'm just blind. or then again, they do write post emergent in little quotation marks ' ' Maybe I should start a brand of cgm called 'post-emergent-selective-weed-killer'.

10. Norm Al

what i have gathered from the website about green guardian is that if you apply enough of it at the right time some of the weeds will die!

which weeds?

the pocess must work because no one woud market a product that people would purchase 1 time! would they?