1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I need some help with broadleaf weeds

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Olylawnboy, Jul 13, 2005.

1. haymaker

haymaker LawnSite Member

Green Guardian products provide pre and post emergent control and I have success on crab grass

If you want to start over on a lawn use GG's EMG to kill everything, build up the soil, apply GG's 18-0-5 or 5-0-3, seed, and continue with GG's standard program after three weeks. You might want to add some phosphros as its a new seeding.

2. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Since "We" are the Organic Forum, it would make no-sence for Us to have anything to do with Chemical ferts or chemical pesticides.......arent there already enough forums on lawnsite for you guys to continue to downgrade the enviroment?......its not like "We're Gay Bashing"..........how about tryin to stay on topic [ keepin the "Profit" to yourself]...............................................................................................Regarding the original question, I'd soil test,apply something like sythe to top burn the weeds, slit seed vertically and horizontally, apply a heat treated / sanitized compost, apply a balanced N-P-K and then redo the process in the fall useing DTTF.......hopefully w/both mixs endophyte enhanced. [ then continue to follow the soil report]:usflag: .......PS no offence but some of "US" are here to make Great Lawns and a profit "Organically"

3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

:rolleyes: Seems kind of contradictory to me.

Scythe is 57% pelargonic acid, a pesticide regulated by the EPA. That's right, a chemical. Why not just dump about 10 tons of CGM on the lawn? That would kill it.

If you're going to preach your anti-chemical views, at least try to be consistent.....