I need some help :/

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Neophyte, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Lawn Neophyte

Lawn Neophyte LawnSite Member

Hello,

I am purchasing a 5 x 10 trailer, with a blower/trimmer, and a 42" Toro riding mower.

My question is, will my 1995 Plymouth Voyager be able to pull the trailer? If it helps, it uses a 3 liter V6 engine.

2. Your rated to pull 2000 lbs. So a little under a ton. You should be more than fine pulling the trailer with all of that. If you start trying to add on any yard debris with any of that you might start pushing things, but I don't think you'll run into any problems. Just make sure not to pull the trailer in overdrive. Either put it in drive, or if you only have overdrive, run it in 3rd gear.

3. BuckeyeLandscaping

BuckeyeLandscaping LawnSite Member

you answered my question too. I have a 2000 Voyager and was wondering the same thing.

4. Lawn Neophyte

Lawn Neophyte LawnSite Member

My van uses an automatic transmission. And I travel along flat streets/surfaces, and I don't plan on driving more than 20 min to my destinaations. I plan on mowing lawns locally.

5. You'll be fine then

6. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Saw a guy pulling a double axle with one of Scags bigger Z's, 61" at least, on it with a caravan last week. Those are about 1300 lb. Z's, probably about the same with the trailer. Plus push mower, trimmers, etc. He was staying in the right lane and going about 25 in a 35, figure it was the brakes that he was worried about. The caravan was riding high at the stem and low at the stern. But it was working.

7. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

and don't forget the back window sticker for the Voyager.... :laugh::laugh:
    ps.... the Voyager will pull it fine... I've seen smaller vehicles pullin' larger trailers... g'luck.

soccer.jpg