I need some help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Oct 17, 2010.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

A customer of mine just had her lawn aerated and over seeded , I was wondering should I use my 36 or use my 21 just because the grass is still very new ? It has been about 10 days after aeration and overseeding

2. mr.q

mr.q LawnSite Member

It would be better to use your push mower if you can but if your 36 doesn't usually have a problem with tearing up your yard you should be fine. It also matters if there is a lot of grass in the area or if it is pretty bare with new grass coming through. I usually mow with new grass coming up with my 61 turf tiger because i have to get the leaves up.

3. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I wouldn't touch that Yard for another ten days. and then i would be careful of it. don't want to destroy all the new grass that coming up by cutting it to quick

4. LawnMowerKing10

@Coastal Lawn Maintenance - I have waited the full 10 days like the overseeding company said so maybe I should be okay ?

5. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

it dosnt really matter what mower you use.. i would wait another week or tow though... that kind of grass was planted? thats whats goint to matter the most

6. LawnMowerKing10

Tall Fescue

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Give it a few more days, TTTF takes a little time to get started but when it does it will grow fast if kept wet.