I need some pep Talk Coach!!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by hrlydavison, Dec 19, 2006.

1. hrlydavison

hrlydavison LawnSite Member

I have about two acres or so and have always had Cheap( under $1800) riding mowers that last about 5 years. This time I told the wife I was going to get a ZTR that was better suited to last a lot longer, not to mention a lot easier to use around all the obsticles on the farm.

I found a country clipper dealer 5 miles from my house that had Two 2006 Jazee Pros he was clearing out to make room for the 07's. I went for the 48" 19HP Kawasaki joystick. I did tons of research here and other places and found these mowers listing for between $5400 to $5900. He had this one marked down to $4795 the other 52" 20hp Kohler joystick was $200 more. I decided on the Kaw because it seems to be regarded as a little better engine(debatable...I know) and I think the smaller deck will be a little easier to navigate.

So with my wife telling me I dont need a mower like that(not to mention her dad telling me the same) I bought it anyway and pick it up Friday.

So Im looking for some guys that I can tell about my new mower, and hope I can get a good internet "slap on the back" for a job well done. Because the only one around here that will be impressed is my 4 year old son and maybe the dog. :laugh:

Thanks much!!

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i dont understand did you get the 48 or the 52 either way you did the right thing getting a ztr you mowing time will be almost cut in half and you can make the yard look a lot better once you get it and use it and your wife sees what it can do shell be on your side

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

one thing to consider about deck widths. a wider deck will allow more trim offset. the edge of the deck is farther from the edge of the tires. this makes it easier to get closer to obstacles.

4. nc-native

nc-native LawnSite Member

Tell her she doesn't have to buy you a Christmas gift this year. You already got what you wanted. Leave out the mower tech lingo and give her a kiss on the cheek.

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

:dancing: Yeah Harley Merry Christmas KICK SOME GRASS:laugh:
    Think of all the time you will save and can spend more time with your
    fans (your son and the dog):clapping: :waving:

6. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Let your wife drive it!