I need some plackards for a 78 GMC!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kyle, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Kyle

Kyle LawnSite Member

Could someone give me a good place to look for fender plackard for a one ton GMC Sierra Grande (rare in this area). I have searched everywhere and no one seems to reproduce or have used ones. All I can find are ones on 3/4 ton trucks and none in good shape. If anyone knows how to find these or have them I would greatly appreciate it if you would let me know.

2. mike reeh

mike reeh LawnSite Member

Did you check the dealer?

let me get this straight, you want "Sierra Grande 30" badges?

mike

3. Kyle

Kyle LawnSite Member

Sorry about the lack of clarity.

The plackard reads "Sierra Grande 35."
    I did check the dealer and they haven't carried it for a long long time. I even checked a number of dealers that often carry old parts long after GM stopped making them and they didn't have it either. No junk yards around here have them and I can't find a reproduction of it either at any of the area classic truck stores.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Kyle, you've got the best weapon right in front of you, do a general search on the web for truck clubs. Just enter something like " old G.M. truck clubs" or any combination like that in regards to G.M. trucks and something will come up and just scroll through them and see what ones might give you some numbers or info. you can call and check on. Just some ideas. Good luck.

5. Alan

Alan Member

6. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

That was my first thought as well Alan, however my catolouge only shows badges up to 25 series trucks. A call might have to placed to see if they have 35 series badges.
    Dino

7. Smither

Smither LawnSite Member

Kyle

Just got a new catalog yesterday from Golden State Pickup Parts. Their webpage is http://www.gspp.com. Their '73-'87 pickup parts online catalog is not online yet. Their phone # is 1-800-235-5717. They have shown fender emblems that read "Sierra Grande 3500". Don't know if that is exactly what you want or not. The prices for most of the emblems are $19.95. These are listed as "inquire". Hope this helps.