I need some professional advice!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bradluvsjesus, Feb 16, 2006.

1. bradluvsjesus

bradluvsjesus LawnSite Member

I'm 18. This is my first real year. Please give me your opinions and comments about my flyer and business card. I need help deciding if they are worthy of million dollar houses. The neighborhood i'm focusing on harbors multi-million dollar houses.. Does this look childish, or un-professional. Please write me>>>

Attached Files:

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

One thing I noticed from your flyer was, and yes I pay close attension to detail, is in the second column of services the first words are not all aligned on a straight edge vertically. It might have just been in the download from the site, but if not, I would suggest making a 2 cell table, a cell for each column of services, so that it will be aligned straight vertically.

3. FSully

FSully LawnSite Member

Get rid of the "ETC." Remove the word "light" from pressure cleaning.

4. bradluvsjesus

bradluvsjesus LawnSite Member

thanks man, i completely understand, but what about the flyer itself. is it corny, is it worthy of multi-million dollar house business

5. WalkerMike98

WalkerMike98 LawnSite Member

Brad - think it looks great - just a few suggestions
    1 - change the word bush to shrub
    2 - maybe just put tree work
    3 - take mobile off and just have your phone number

6. WarEagleCRL

WarEagleCRL LawnSite Member

I've always thought "We" sounds better than "I". Even when I was solo I always said "We'll be over and..." or "We'd love to ..." Maybe its just me but I think it sounds a little more professional. Also may seem like you'd be able to handle more.

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Agreed with above.

I means "Young kid"

I suggest changing the company name as well.

Best wishes...make it happen!

8. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

IMO it looks like something that anyone could whip together in Microsoft Word
    The picture is good, yes you have a list of services your provide.... but what's going to stop the homeowner from trashing this flyer just like every other one that shows up on their mailbox? Ponder over that for awhile :)

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

the guy thinks hey, im unhappy with my current guy, i think ill give this fellow a call and check him out
    :p :p :p

10. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

isn't that kind of false advertising if you put "we" instead of "I" if your going solo?
    Why would you lie and put "we"