I need some type of blade blocker for a scag 52 rider?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutting Edge man, May 19, 2006.

1. Cutting Edge man

Cutting Edge man LawnSite Member

someone told me the trimmer trap does not hold grass clippings well when closed? what else is their?
  2. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

3. ocelot27

ocelot27 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have the Trimmer Trap BB on my 48 Advantage and it blocks just fine - you just need to install it correctly so that there is ample clearance between the plate and the hinge - this takes some experimenting but a hand plane and a vice is all you need to quickly shape the material. It's also helpful to have it set to swing up past horizontal by about 20 degrees when in the open position - that way clippings don't foul the plate/hinge and prevent it from closing completely. The instructions are VERY WEAK (they don't give any hints on how to get it to fit just right) but once you see the parts and get it on you'll realize how to custom cut the plate so it will perfectly close. It's quite well made and fits on SCAG decks just fine. It's also easy to work with the thick plastic material that makes the shield - you can even drill holes in it if you want some venting. If you need help lemme know - john.
  4. ocelot27

ocelot27 LawnSite Member
    from PA

5. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yorksheet metal does not make an ocdc for scag. Only Exmark. I know, I called them to order one. But the one from York that is on my Exmark works great.
  6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member