1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I need the STIHL Service Manual for BR500-600 blower --STIHL 4180 manual "i think"

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jlbf0786, Oct 12, 2009.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

You can't get a Stihl Service/Shop Manual through Stihl's website.
    the only way you can get one is from a dealer!
  2. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

That's correct and they are only about $8.00 from the dealer. So save yourself time and buy one.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Compression testers can be found at autozone and cheap. Not likely the problem unless valves aren't closing all the way. You test the unit for not getting fuel by spraying a shot of quick start in. If it starts then you are correct you got a fuel delivery problem. That obvously can be carb or an internal leak in the engine(hence a leak tester). Units with valves pose a more complicated problem I think. A echo will not start if one of crankshaft seals are leaking bad. The can be checked by looking for oil/dust on both sides. Easy to see on echo without pulling a lot of thigns off.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah thats the best test, not.
    That will just tell you if theres is a vacuum leak not a presure leak[/QUOTE]

Okay I used the wrong term..........it will tell you if you got a vac problem. Thanks for correcting me. But in this case the unit won't run so he would need to do a vac test.