I need to buy a new mower fast. I've narrowed it down to 3 ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJB, May 18, 2008.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I can buy a Scag Turf Tiger 61" 11399., Exmark Lazer AS 60" 25 Kawasaki $8000., or Grasshopper 322 Diesel, 61" $11200.

I like all of these, but would the 25hp Kawi on the Exmark be enough mower for mulching?

Does anyone have the 322D GH and know the GPH on that unit?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

what engine does the turf tiger have? 27AC Kohler? 27LC Kaw? 29DFI Kaw? 31EFI Kohler? 35 LC Vanguard ? (the 35AC vanguard is now discontinued in the TT and relegated remaining distributor stock)

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Why so fast, did something happen to your Super Z, or is it just not doing a good job for you?

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go with the lazer AS if it were me but I would get a kohler on it if I could. You already know how good your lazer has been that should be enough to convince you to get another one i would think.

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

29 dfi 61" TURF TIGER would be the one for me.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Grasshopper with the Kubota is the way to go. GPH on the 22HP Kubota engine is about 1/2 GPH in average cutting, and 3/4 GPH in heavy cutting. The gas engine machines will use about double that amount of fuel in the same conditions. At least that was my experience over many years of mowing. The useful lifespan of the Grasshopper is around 4000 hrs. The other machines will be used up at around 2000 hrs.

7. MJB

from Wa

Sorry I forgot to post the Scag power. It was the 27hp Kohler. seems a little high whats the price in your area?

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The grasshopper. They are a great cutting machine. They only reason why I didn't buy one when I got my old kubotas was the 0% on the kubotas. Wish I had got the hopper as I had to many problems with my kubotas.

9. MJB

from Wa

I agree but my concern was if that is enough power for mulching. How does the 25hp Kawi compare to the 22hp L/C Kawi as far as power to the deck? This was my only option with Exmark and the Ultra Cut deck .

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The dealer didnt have or couldnt get one with the 28hp kohler? I cant really say about mulching because we have never mulched before. Hp is hp no matter how you look at it and its being delivered the same to the deck so the 25hp will be stronger then the 22.

http://www.exmark.com/LazerZAS.htm