I need to buy a new string trimmer what kind should I get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim1075, May 1, 2000.

1. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

My stihl trimmer siezed up on me over the winter and since its old anyway i figured it was time to buy a new one and i was looking for some suggestions.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

One word..... &lt;font color=red&gt;Homelite&lt;/font&gt; :)<p><br>Seriously, look at the Shindaiwa.<p><br>

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

There are several discussions on this subject if you go back to some of the older discussions. We use T270 Shindaiwa and we have had excellent luck with them. The ones we have now are only on the second season. Our T27's got ripped off the winter before last and they were 6 years old. There are several good brands, but we prefer the Shin.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

4. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Every peice of sthil equipment I have bought is still running!I started the business 5 years ago and I will continue to buy sthil becouse they have been so reliable!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care

5. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't buy anything but a HOnda 4 stroke trimmer. They are far and away better than anything else on the shelf.

6. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl have the most power and the best<br>quality.<p>Karl<br>

7. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

honda 4 stroke<br>i like echo too but honda is the best

8. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

RED MAX! 2300 .....Period

9. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa!! Mine has got to be more then 8 years old, its a 21. Just got it fixed and it runs great. It turns out that the reason that it didnt run last year was that I used 94 octane and too rich a mixture, the carbon plugged up the spark arrester screen, &quot;like it was constapated.&quot; It was sitting for a whole year, im so glad i finally decided to get it fixed. Only cost me 30 bucks to fix it! Go Shindaiwa!!

10. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Tim, I purchased a Husquvarna 322L a month ago and am very happy with it. 22.cc w/straight drive shaft. Plenty of power and only weighs 8.4lbs. Have not had any problems with it. Love it. Cost was $279.00. Hope this helps. Mowman