1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I need to find a good deal on an NPR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Likestomow, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking and looking, but all I find is HIGH prices. I want a 1999 or newer with a 16' box.

If anyone knows of a good deal on one of these, please email me at:

2. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I am in Murphy, NC. Not too far from you, maybe 80 miles east. I have been looking for about three years for a used NPR that's cheaper than new. So far nothing. I don't think they exist.
  3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Have you guys ever checked Budget truck rental website? We used to rent thse things during Xmas in my previous career with big brown and they are well maintained. The website will give you the locations, mileage and price. Check it out if you have'nt already done so.
  4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the tip, Bayfish. I did look at Budget's website and called on some, but they want the moon for them. But who doesn't? I can't believe how popular these trucks are today.

If I ever find a cheap source I think I'll get in the business of selling them myself!
  5. jasond

jasond LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 1987 NPR with a Miller flatbed dump body and it only had 42K miles. I looked at the newer models, and the prices were high. A new dovetail body will run about another 5K installed. This truck also has a fifth wheel hitch and electric brake controller. Therefore, I opted for an older model with a heavy duty hitch and a 20' tandem trailer landscaping trailer behind it.

The truck is wonderful! It turns on a dime, used very little fuel, and the dump body has paid for itself in the first month (it will hold 8 CYDS hwd mulch, 4 tons stone, lumber, firewood, four pallets of sod, 130 bales of pinestraw...the list goes on.

I doubt seriously that I would have utilized a landscaping body like I have the dump body. Customers also are now aware of the dump body, and I pick up an extra job a week hauling off debris, junk, and whatever else
  6. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Call Don Strickland at Phillips Ford in Carthage NC.. I'm sorry I don't have his # here at home, but a quick call to 411 will get the number. he finds all our trucks for us, new and used. We have 5 Isuzus and just ordered a 6th one. If ya can't find an NPR, maybe a NQR is out there. Also.. as far as parts go, I'll post an 800 # tomorrow of a place called Tom's Truck Center in Ca. They ship Isuzu parts same day, no charge for shipping,unless you want next day and they will beat your dealer prices all to heck. And its OEM parts too, not off the wall crap. They do COD shipping also.
  7. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I have one that I am thinking about selling in order to but a crew cab dump. It is a '95 diesel with and 18' landscape body/fold down side etc. It is a great truck, and to be truthful I am not sure if I want to let it go since it is paid for and I can see it serving us for several more years. Anyhow, we have a baby on the way, and could use the cash and then finance a new crew cab like we want. Let me know.
  8. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at one tommorrow.If I don't get it I'll let you know.I think it is a 2001 with around 98000 on it.Asking 10900.00.It has a 16 ft box with hyd.gate on it.