I need to know. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jphag, Sep 9, 2004.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I am relocating to florida and where I live now we aerate and power rake. Do you do this in Florida?

Thanks,

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey John, Yes we do both. Probably not with the frequency that you would in the north. Where about in Florida are you moving? Imagine it would be a diffrent ball game in South Florida than where I am at in the Panhandle.

Good Luck
    Rhett

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You'll want to do some research on verti-cutting, also. That's another operation that is performed down in that region that isn't performed in the northern states.

4. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen aeration done down here, but I have yet to see anyone run a power rake through St. Augustine. I used to do a bit of power raking up north so unless it's something different down here, I don't see that working to well. The verti-cutting would probably do well though.

5. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

Not in central florida, the big companys do it but its just a rip-off.

6. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Well, why do you want to come to Florida.Could it be for all the storms that we are having??.

Well let's see what is there to do down here, go to the wall mart and watch all the people.Go to a water park all year long , get 2 months off from mowing grass.Can't rake many leaves as the storm has realy thined out what is left of the trees

All joking aside your welcome in florida.