I Need To Make My Dump Trailer Slippery.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FearThisDeere, Sep 10, 2007.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I haul horse manure and shavings in my dump trailer 2-3 times a month. There is always some in there as I stack it in there day by day, not all at once. In the winter it freezes to the trailer bed and won't slide out. I've notcied that it is finally starting to rust a little, so I would like to find a product that can help it all slide out and protect the bed all at once. My first thought is Fluid Film, but all opinions are welcomed!
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Sandblast it or get the metal smooth again paint it with a good high gloss enamel paint. Then wax the crap out of it it should make it slippery.

All dump trailers have the same problem they don't have a good enough dump angle. I never seen a dump trailer dump a load all in one shot.
  3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere Liquid Graphite or Slip-Plate.
  4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

diesel fuel or the expensive option...dump bed liner
  5. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Have you checked out Line-x sprayed in bed liner?
  6. knothead

knothead LawnSite Member

spray bed with diesel!
  7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You really don't want to contaminate what ever you are hauling with diesel fuel. What about getting one of those fertilizer pump sprayers and fill it full of cheap canola oil (new) and spray the box floor and sizes down. Atleasts its sort of bio-degradable and you don't get the stink of diesel fuel.

Hey another thought how about going to Costco and buying a case of Pam non stick spray that would work too.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

if you have the means to, get a load of stone and run it through there a few times, roughing up the bottom a little, cleaning out sticky residue.
  9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Fluid Film would probably work.
  10. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

fluid film, oil, all that stuff is going to make it worse. id say a good coat of wax is going to be your best bet, you could always put a tarp on the bottom as well.