1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I Need Weights For My Exmark Metro!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SUGAR_CUT_MARK, Sep 15, 2003.

SUGAR_CUT_MARK LawnSite Member

I am looking for a company (s) that manufactures weights for my 1995 exmark metro 48" w/b. my front end gets air born some times when i use a sulkie. can u guys give me some suggestions. i have been told that exmark does not make them..
  2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

exmark makes them now.also trimmertrap makes a weight kit that you can fab up for that.

i have the exmark ones so who ever told you that they don't make them is a dumb***. :D
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

If you are a little talented and want to save a few bucks make your own. I made one for my Toro WB from a 35#lead weight I got from a plumber. I used a flat bar to mount it to, painted it all Toro red.

mar03 208.jpg

mike exmark told me they dont make them. i'll try them again. the weight setup looks sweet. mow ed, how do u become a benefits participant??
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

This is from their website....

how do u guys put your company names and logo's at the bottom of ur posts every time
  7. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, I took an old piece of chain Wrapped it around caster assy to other one a couple times over the deck then wire ties. That was a couple years ago. Still there. Price 0.00
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Ive seen a few guys down here in Fla take a piece of pvc pipe and fill it with cement and c-clamp it to the yokes.

They say that if you dont need it, it only takes a few secs to remove --- and when you do its right there.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Call Atherton Rd. first, and get a price from them, then call Richfield Iron Works (Richfield Rd.) and get a price on some pieces of flat stock, say around 3" wide, 1/4" thick, by however long they would need to be to overlap a little bit - laying across your caster arms. You could just use some large U bolts and two smaller strips (drill the 2 holes in them for the bolts to go through) to attach them. You would only need around 3 or 4, I would imagine. This would probably be quite a bit cheaper. You would only be looking at about 10-15 bucks.