i need you to cut my lawn because.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Oct 8, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

"hi bob, this is mrs. jones on xyz street. you usually cut my lawn on saturdays, but i need a favor........can you come real early friday morning, and cut it as short as possible. you see, my neighbor is having her lawn aerated and seeded, and i'm gonna have her landscaper do mine at the same time. thanks bob." any comments? opinions? what time would you be there friday morning to cut it?

2. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I'd hitch up and go right now!!!

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

good boy. that's what i did, just got back

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Almighty one, she obviously isn't aware you also offer those services...let her know I say.

5. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

That would almost cause me to drop her,much less show up so some1 else can overseed

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you slap a surcharge on her for the emergency mow?
    Crawdad

Mikes Lawn Landscape likes this.
  7. bobbygedd

from NJ

she is well aware of what services we provide. nope, no surcharge, just a little note next to her name on this weeks schedule, "skip"

8. I'd have mowed it too. In fact I just did a customer a favor and mowed him wednesday, the same day he called. His wife had died and the funeral was Thursday.

Of course there's a difference between doing customers a favor and their just wanting to push you around. I just charged one customer fuel for the truck for an extra trip. Next time it'll have travel time too.

I'm just trying to push gently to keep him in line.

Dave

9. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

She is areating and seeding. The seed is a waste and aeration is good for releving compaction. Mow it early and tell her waste of money on the seed.

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

why a waste of seed? the yard isn't damaged, she just overseeding