i need your help in deciding!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bababooie, Mar 7, 2002.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

right when im ready to buy a walker , i read where some guy calls them money pitts.something always going bad on them.now im looking at the scag,cub rider.is this true about the walkers?:blob4: :blob3: :blob2: :confused:

2. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I recently purchased a mt26efi with a48" deck and to tell you the truth, I would give up my wife before my walker. The bagging
    is great. I looked around but i would highly recomend the walker.
    if you buy one though i would buy it new.
    HAPPY MOWING

3. Next to the full blown pumps and wheel motors, the Eaton trannies is one of the best.

Once you start talking full hydrostatic transmissions with diffentaials then you should start getting leary.

Kohler engines, what else to say but the best.

Gear and shaft driven deck, best system ever designed next to hydro driven. Less power loss.

I have never really used one, but I have given it the once over.

Money pit only because all these items are expensive to replace.

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

not true!

i've run Walkers for 15+/- years (dealt them for 2), as with all machinery maintenance is the key to longevity!

Yes, Walkers may have more grease zirks, but thats a good thing. better than bushings that wear.

Actually, parts are very reasonable, Walker hydros are cheaper than most wheel motors and their servicable too!

read some more, there are far more pros than cons about the Walker mower.

They've been around for 23+ years for a reason........

btw....look at re-sale the Walker Mower has compared to ANY other mower, they are on top!

they engineer a super piece of equipment!

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Walkers are high maintenance. But when it comes to handling grass or leaves nothing really compares. The dealer was telling me yesterday about the new gearbox on the Walkers. Its supposed to be far improved over the past models.