I need your help on value on a Z Master 60 inch

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dutchoven, Apr 13, 2008.

1. dutchoven

dutchoven LawnSite Member

I sold my Toro Z-master 60 inch lawnmower to a buddy of mine. I purchased it brand new in May of 2007 from our local dealer. It is the Z500 model and has a total of 37 hours (yes, only 37 actual hours) on it. I purchased it for $7500 last May and believed it to be either a 2006 or 2007 model.

Long story short, he picked it up today and when he got it home, according to the serial number, it's a 2005. Evidently, it was a late shipment to my dealer and then he had it for a year. Anyways, this has him in a quandry trying to decide it it was worth my price. I sold it to him for $6400.

The last thing I want is to shaft a buddy of mine. I simply told him what I knew of it and we both made some assumptions. Anyways, I have tried to find comps for it but all of the mowers I have seen have hundreds of hours vs the 37 that mine has. He is worried about trade in value (he is only using it for his own property of a couple of acres). I have assured him that this type of mower will last him for years and years so trade in is not really as important in relation to buying a vehicle.

Anyways, is the $6400 a fair price for a mower of this low hours despite the year? Thanks!

Bob

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

They didn't make any mechanical changes from 2004-2008 besides engine options. What engine is on it?

Yes $6400 is a fair price.

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

If he is a FRIEND, and either of you have any doubts on the transaction - void the transaction, PERIOD. :usflag:

4. dutchoven

dutchoven LawnSite Member

Oh, make no bones about it, I've already told him that if he wants to bring it back he can. No mower is going to come in between our friendship. We simply want to make sure the price is not to far off from fair.

Does anyone else have input about the price? Thanks!

Bob

5. mkelly2115

mkelly2115 LawnSite Member
    from PA

price sounds great to me! its brand new almost hardly used!!

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What engine does it have? Reguardless, 37 hours is a drop in the bucket.... $6400 is a fair price but I think you could get more.

7. Heartland Lawn

Heartland Lawn LawnSite Member

I bought my z master 60" with the 23hp kohler last year for just over $8k. it was a 2005 model and was brand new. so i think your buddy got a pretty good deal.