I need your input

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DreamBig:LiveBigger, Jan 27, 2006.

1. DreamBig:LiveBigger

DreamBig:LiveBigger LawnSite Member

I designed this flyer but I'm not sure if I'm happy with it. Please criticize it and give some suggestions. I'm drawing a blank and it is driving me crazy, especially the bottom part.

Attached Files:

2. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I think it looks good.
    print them on lime green paper and get to work!:drinkup:

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I think that will work for you, very simple to the point. Like kirk said, print on lime green paper, i do it, and i like it.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

needs some color for sure. otherwise, you state all the information that is needed. good luck...

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Looks fine. There is no need to over do it. I would print it on colored paper as well.

6. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's what you have to do for flyer advertising:

Flash it at someone who hasn't seen it (friend, wife, etc) and show it to them for no more than 3 seconds. Then ask them to tell you what they saw and what they remember.

Here's what they should remember wholly or partly:

1. What you do or what you are offering
    2. Any special deals, incentives, sales, etc etc

That's it, if you can't keep their attention for 3 seconds they will not read the rest. Here are some general rules and things I noticed on your ad:

1. Don't overword things, there is nothing that will lose their attention faster than having to search for information they want now.
    2. Always use flashes, stars, or something that jumps out at them. And you can do this and still look classy.
    3. Use paper that is unusual in color, the brighter the better
    4. Print a coupon on it, even if it's for $20 off their 2nd mow or something like that.
    5. Use different fonts for differents parts/sections of the ad. Times New Roman, albeit easy on the eyes for multipage reading, doesn't jump out at you enough.
    6. Don't oversell your market. If Mrs. Smith looks at a mowing ad and she gets the impression they're too expensive, she'll throw it out.
    7. Print on both sides of the paper, this way if it's laying upside down you can still "speak" to them.

We found that "free estimates" in an exploding star works well. We haven't found that giving a time period for the estimates does anything positive.

Also tell them what you do as the center of their focus. You want to leave zero doubt in anyone's mind that you are anything other than what you are.

Mowing!!! Edging!! Trimming!! Blowing!!! Everytime!!!

Quality Service You Can Depend On!! We'd love to help!!

Wow!! $25 Off!!! (restrictions apply down below)

********* Free Estimates **********

Fast response time!!! Call now!!!!!!

444-4444

Not telling your how to do it, just giving you some ideas.

7. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

You have less than 3 seconds to sell to them, be bold when you "talk" to them via a flyer. Imagine you're in a group of 10 people and you all have 3 seconds each to sell yourself/company/service, what would you want the customer to remember about you?

8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think you flyer looks good.

You mentioned applications...ARE YOU LICENSED for requirements of YOUR state???

If not, get licensed FIRST. Nothing I enjoy more than turning in an unlicensed applicator to our State Commissioner so they can slap a big fine on them. We spent TIME & MONEY on doing it right, we watch carefully around here for those that didn't.

Mike

9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

my suggestions are attatched.

I would print on green, but more of a lighter green color.

Attached Files: