I need your suggestion for a new business name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ALEX'S LANDSCAPING, Oct 13, 2011.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

I want to change the name of my company and I am looking for a unique name
    Any suggestion greatly appreciated. Thanks Alex
  2. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

"let us cut your grass or we will kick your ass!" ...
  3. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  4. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

Master Plan Lawn and Landscape is one i always thought i should have used but did not.
  5. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

The Sodfather. Black trucks mowers and wear black suits when working.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys keep em' coming ! -Alex
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

The business name isn't quite as important as people think. But it is important. A good, catchy name, can really help with name recognition. But there are companies out there who totally disregarded that and have done very well. For instance, Gothic Landscape is one of the top 15 biggest landscape companies in the whole nation. Even the owners agree that the name is bad and have wanted to change it several times. Unfortunately, they were too big and too well known. Business advisors told them they would be crazy to ever change it. There was too much brand name recognition already built into their name to ever change it. It was too late.

On the other hand, I think it helps to have a really professional name and get that EARLY in your business. Companies with names like ProGrass, TruGreen, Lawn Doctor, GreenScape, PROscape, etc. are all very well thought out, professional names.

Company name is kind of important. But as you look through the list of the top 100 or top 150 companies in the nation, you'll see that a lot of them also have fairly boring or family names as well. That's because the name is only a small part of the game.

The biggest thing that results in success is having more determination than anyone else. That's really the secret to success, IMO. I started my business 15 years ago with $1200 available on a credit card that I bought some really crappy equipment with. I ran my business initially out of a 1980 Camaro towing a cheap $50 rusty old back half of a truck bed trailer. Used garbage bags to haul away the grass and a $100 used mower and stick edger. That was about all I had. And today we have 28 employees, 14 trucks on the road any given day, we maintain almost 300 yards each week, have a big landscape installation business, and will gross over $2Mil in sales this year. We've passed up dozens of companies in our area that started way before us. And the residential landscape market in our area, we've become one of the larger, more well known companies in our area. And I didn't know Jack about anything when I started. I still find that I am doing things the wrong way. Still constantly correcting our methods, as I learn better ways to do things. But even though I probably did things totally wrong lots of times, what kept us going all this time was just raw determination. I think that's the single most important thing you can have. Of course, it helps if you are good with people and know how to be patient with employees and treat them right. Also helps if you can eventually learn how to market better than your competition. A lot of other things go into the equation. But determination is the biggest thing, IMO.

Company name is just a small part of the equation. But it doesn't hurt to have a great, catchy, company name.
  8. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, Jim I still remember tossing the MTD in the trunk of the camaro and loading the gmc trailer soooo full it would try to go around us when we stopped. we were sooo proud when we rattle canned that friggin thing!
    I really miiss that old dodge you sold me and think about it still from time to time- I wish I never sold it back to you.-I miss Freddy too! I wanna find a guy like that around here!

I'm going to focus on my determination factor, great advise bro!
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

LOL. Don, you're probably the only person other than my wife that remembers the set up we had back then. Humble beginnings. But everyone has to start somewhere! :laugh:
  10. prolinelawncaremi

prolinelawncaremi LawnSite Member

Haulin' Grass Lawn Care