I need your suggestion please...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawn, Aug 15, 2005.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

here I put togheter a letter for people that have their houses for sale.
    Please let me know what you think of this letter, if I should add or remove something ... if it looks professional, etc.

Dear Resident,
    We understand that your house is for sale. Did you know that a nice lawn helps beautify and improve the value of your property?
    Having a nice looking yard helps to sale your property faster and at a higher price……..

As a local landscaping company, I am interested in providing you with a free estimate for any lawn work that may be required at your property.

At xxxxxxx we want to give you back some of your freedom. By letting us care for your grounds maintenance, it will give you hours of free time to do things that you would rather be doing, like spend time with your family, or relaxing after a long work week.
    Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest level of professionalism, quality and service at a reasonable price.

Some of our services include…
     Weekly Maintenance (mowing, weeding, edging)
     Spring/Fall Cleanups
     Premium Bark Mulch(various types and samples available)
     Pruning/trimming
     Seed Lawns
     Aeration
     shrubs/trees planting ( also transplanting service)
     Flowers
     edging
     Brick walkways, patios and stone walls.
     And many more….

Call me today to schedule an appointment at your convenience. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Best regards,

………………………………………………….

2. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

We understand that your house is for sale. Did you know that a nice lawn helps beautify and improve the value of your property?
    Having a nice looking yard will help you to sell your property faster and at a higher price……..

3. lawn

Varsity I don't understand your reply. Are you correcting my phrase ( it looks the same to me) or you are trying to be sarcastic? :confused:

4. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Look closely, sorry.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Pronoun disagreement....
    In the beginning, it is "we" would do this or that. That is fine, and I would leave it that way. But then, toward the end, it is "Call ME."
    Stick with the "us". It is much more professional.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi lawn,

Good for you. I think it is a great concept.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

7. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

I have read post before where guys have gotten really stuck with doing lawns for people that were selling houses. In the end the LCO has to spend time trying to take them to court for services on a home that sold. be careful

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

How bout...We have noticed that your home is for sale.We would like to help you sell it by improving the 1st impression a potential buyer gets when driving by your home ...your landscaping.
    By using our service to keep your home looking it's best,chances are your house will sell faster.
    If you are in need of our services please call us at.....

9. lawn

This is a good one too......... :)

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Very good idea, to a point. I find that houses are selling so fast that most don't care. It is a good way to get in with the new owners though.
    Keep in mind that when I do pick up someone that is selling I require them to pay up frount, period. I have had a few hit the road and not pay.

I would think minor landscape improvements would be a better sell or a nice annual color assortment.

Keep up the ideas untill you find the niche you are looking for.