1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I needed a bigger dump truck.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Duncan90si, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I just picked up this 1990 IH 4700. 72K, DT360, 5sp, central hydros front and rear 26K GVWR. I'm tired of being overloaded in my GM 3500s so this should cure that problem. Hopefully I'll find time this summer to respray the whole truck black to match my other trucks. It will be getting a Blizzard 8611 with an under tailgate style spreader for the winter time. I can't wait to push some snow with this thing.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Man thats a long front bumper!!...Good Truck!
  3. scholzee

scholzee LawnSite Member
    from NY

Just needs a toilet seat on top the front bumper, nothing like a dump in back and a dump in front LOL looks good by the way
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

UM cancel the 8611. That truck is defently a ex county truck. Which is why it has a extend from frame and bumper. That truck probably had a 3000lbs valk 10' two way plow on it. That will destroy a 8611. Trust me I install snow plows in winter for a buddy. We do everything from a tacoma up to triaxel dumps.