i never read dear abby but..............

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by TONTAGE, Oct 20, 2008.

1. TONTAGE

TONTAGE LawnSite Member
    from CT

since someone stole my trimmer last week,i got a chuckle out of the column today:
    DEAR ABBY: A few weeks ago, I returned home after mowing the lawn at my mother's place and parked my truck behind my house. I left the lawnmower and a 5-gallon can of gas in the bed of my truck and went into the house for a drink of water. When I returned, the gas can was missing.
    I bought another can, filled it with gas and added 2 pounds of sugar. Again, I parked my truck in the same spot with the gas can visible. An hour later, it too had disappeared.

A short while later, I noticed a neighbor's son and his friends pushing his car up the street. They said they had "engine problems." My wife thinks what I did was wrong and that I should offer to pay for this lad's engine repairs. What do you think? -- "A-GASSED" IN ILLINOIS

DEAR "A-GASSED": I disagree with your wife. What if the boys had another kind of engine problem and this was just a coincidence? I'm sure whoever stole your gas got an expensive lesson. Let's hope it also saved them from a life of crime.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yea he is da man:weightlifter: I hope it was the crooks that stole the gas:laugh:

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard the sugar thing is a myth.

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I guarantee you if you go out and put 2# of sugar in your gas tank that it's not going to do the engine any favors. . .

Cool story :clapping: it's nice when a simple solution solves a problem like that.

5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great! I had a similar experience. I suspected somone was stealing gas from us. I left two 5 gallon cans out - with a 2/3 gas. 1/3 water mix. It did 2k worth of damage to the guy's vehicle (fuel pump, injectors, engine, etc..... lol). BTW, I didn't feel one bit bad about it either. He got what he deserved. I figured he'd ripped off about $600 before I noticed it. Karma is a *****.

Way to go!

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

thats a good one

7. KACYDS

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

There is nothing more I hate, someone who steals. They deserve what they got.

8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work! But......

I once heard of a farmer who was havnig probelms with kids stealing gas from him. So, he dumped a few pounds of sugar in the storage tank. Sure enough, the kids came by and filled up their car. A few miles down the road, the car quit running, and they had it towed to the shop. The mechanic asked where they last got fuel from.

To make a long story short, they took the farmer that the stole the gas from to court and sued him for the engine repairs, and won!

Amazing isn't it?

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice man. That's awesome.

10. Greenleaf Lawns

Greenleaf Lawns LawnSite Member

I LIKEY

:cool2: