i no you guys hate thease but is it worth it to by an xs lazer say orsay 2 48" viking

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Apr 4, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i am gonna target residential property's, after how my bidding went commercialy. I got a scag 48 rider, hate scag now, exmark xs 6o" or say belt drive 48" i know how hard riders are to the consumer eye. I dont know though help me out please guys? i cut an average about 7000 sq foot propertys. take about 20 mins edge trim cut blow w/2 men.
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not trying to be rude, but I read this post many times and I don't quite understand it. Can you explain yourself better? What equipment do you have and what don't you have? What don't customers like about riders? What are you thinking about buying?
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

ide go with a hydro WB in that situation, only 8k sq ft, ones with even some landscaping could cause it to be a pita with the Z.
  4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I would get a Hustler Super Walk Behind.
  5. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

JTK this is it. I have a 48" rider scag. I send out 2 guys with that. I have one whip and one cut etc, I am coming very close to filling up this crew 50-60 hrs a week and was wondering to get another crew whats the best set up. I have had like 3% of clients lost because of the rider. I do good work with it but problem 1 wet grass seems to be a mess, have gotten stuck 3 times. I dont believe thease problems would happen with a walk behind. I dont get a ton of word of mouth (like the people see you cutting and ask you to cut theres) and i believe that its because the rider. I talk to people and they say residentals walks better. I dont know whats better though please help me out if you could thanks.