I noticed something very interesting yesterday about my fuel mileage

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Richard Martin, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

Tie downs for your Chopper, safety chains on your ramps...Richard everything you do is top notch!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I do try to do everything the right way while making it as efficient as possible. I do want to put a safety chain from the front of the trailer to the front of the Dixie just in case, you know? The chain doesn't have to be tight. Just enough to grab the Dixie in case something happens to the Fastraps. Not having any kind of tailgate does make me a bit nervous. :laugh:

3. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

We aren't having a diesel vs gas debate on this thread too. Plenty of other threads that cover all the info on that. Simply was sharing my mileage experience.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Sooner or later you'll be glad you tied those ramps down like that Richard. It's a scary feeling when one tries to slide out off the trailer while you're still on it.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Every time I move the Dixie the whole rig rocks back and forth. There was no way I was going to do this without something holding the ramps in place. The chain (2/0 size), bolts, nuts and washers came to about $20. Pretty cheap for the insurance they provide. Chaining them down also keeps someone from seeing them on the trailer while I'm not looking, and easily making them theirs.

6. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Tell that to the people that brought diesel into a discussion in this thread on how the tall gates on the back of landscape trailers effect gas mileage.

Simply sharing my experience.