I Pad who has them and what apps are you using?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sfddelta1, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I am getting ready to buy a ipad i want to hear some reviews

as well as what apps you are runing

E

2. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen several tablet pc's in action. I would suggest you buy the less expensive droid 2.2 tablets with the droid market. Get the app called phone my pc and you can control your home computer from anywhere while tethering internet from your phone.

3. M&B LAWN CARE

M&B LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

i just bought the nextbook 150.00 its an e-reader and internet but love all the apps you can get for it

4. Mow Man

Mow Man LawnSite Member

Can I use a template on the tablet in the same manner I use my paper daily work logs?

When you mention "tethering internet from my phone" does that imply a cable running from my smart phone and being able to send my daily work log to my computer or my bookkeepers computer via email?

Is anyone aware of any apps that can streamline the day to day work logs with a "start job-finish job" travel time "start job-finish job" etc..... so that my crew leaders will not be able to minipulate the log times

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

thats exactly what tethering is. I have the original droid, so I can use my unlimited data plan and phone use my phone as a modum. I simply plug my into the computers USB port and open an app on the phone and connect to the network on my computer. With the Android I use the app PDA Net, it was free and I have absolutley no complaints.

Most newer smart phones have a built in WI-FI hot spot so you don't need to connect via wia or use apps. You simply turn on the hot-spot on the phone and conect to the wi-fi network on the computer

6. bustin88

bustin88 LawnSite Member
    from NW NJ

Get the TECHO BLOC APP.. Multi tool app with a built in gyroscope to measure out just about anything... Just got one myself and already used it in the field.. awesome!

7. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Go to app world and get Landscapers Companion. Basically like a portable Horticopia with plant pics, descriptions, etc... I got it for my blackberry but it started as an apple app.

Mike

8. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I might buy one of those Moto Xooms. It's getting nice reviews.

9. Mow Man

Mow Man LawnSite Member

are you aware of any apps for the blackberry for daily route logs? ie start job/finish job, cust. #, notes for extra work to be charged for etc....

10. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011