I passed the Arkansas test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by qball98, Nov 1, 2004.

1. qball98

qball98 LawnSite Member

Got the results form the weed control test I took last month and I passed. So this afternoon I sent in the $150 fee along with the forms. Now I have a question I have been looking at spray rigs trying to decide what I want too buy for next year. I am leaning toward purchasing a skid sprayer too put in the back of my truck and I am wondering how hard it is too get even coverage over the whole lawn. I know a lot of it depends on the operator and I would like to know what some of you do too remain consistent while walking and spraying.

2. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

spraying is not much different than applying a granular product. first you need to calabrate your sprayer (typical usage is to apply 2 gals per 1000sf per minute)
    then you need to 'pace' your walking speed (1000sq ft per minute is a rather slow walking speed)
    always keep the spray gun in motion swinging your arm left to right
    be sure the spray hits your foot prints from the last row you walked (overlap)

if any of this sounds Greek to you...consider working for a reputable company to get aquainted with proper spray technique, proper agronomics.
    If working for another company sounds 'degrading' to you...well what can i say. I dont think you can learn proper spray tehnique by reading a post on a message board...but you will definately learn from hands on experience.

good luck to you