1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I passed today!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green-Pro, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I passed the pesticide/herbicide test for the state of Iowa license, whew.... what a relief. Test was not that unbearably tough I just dislike the taking of them. Three year applicator license, one year business license. To not have to re-test (written anyway) I will need to go to extension office to view a video pertaining to the category I am certified for, ornamental and turf. Have to endure only this once a calender year, not to bad. I do have some friends that forget and then have to take the written what a pita that would be.

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Well, Congratulations. Something to be proud of. I am thinking of pre-retirement soon in Florida, and maybe taking it down there. I live there, now, in the winters. I should start investigating it pretty soon and see what it involves. Again, Congratulations...JIM.
  3. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Our test wasn't nearly as tough as I thought it would be but it still stresses the crap out of you until it's over. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Make sure you get your C.E. hours so you don't have to take it again next year.
  4. Green-Pro

Definitely, I can handle the class/video part to re-certify each year, don't get how some of my buddies can just forget about it and then have to wig out over testing again, but thanks for the congrats.

Thank you to Jim and Florida sounds pretty toasty to this Iowa boy right now!!

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You need to hook up with a Certified Operator in Florida Now. As an Out of State CPO you still must work under a Florida CPO for one year to apply to take the test. It may be another 6 months before you can take and get the results of the test after applying for it. BTW the Florida Test is the hardest in the nation. We have Bugs you never hear of up north. Cool season Turf is a walk in the park compared to warm season turf on Calcareous sand. No CEC so no holding power. Top Choice will not last 5 months here while it lasts 1.5 years in Georgia clay.

Now I am sure you can pass the test if you study the material but I would advise you to take a tutorial for the test so there are no surprises.
  6. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Green-Pro

Thanks Playboy btw I grew up in a small town named Wilton here.

8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Congrats...now go get insured! Good luck this year!
  9. Green-Pro

Thanks a bunch insurance is next on my list, long list of things to do. Starting this has really been enjoyable so far but some days trying to list/think of all there is yet to do I get to feeling like Willy Wonka in the freakin chocolate factory LOL.

Thanks again

10. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Your welcome.
    Did you have any experience in weeds/insects prior to the test?