I Passed!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by chimmygew, May 19, 2004.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I usually only go the the commercial section, but I will be visiting this section a lot more. Passed my test for core exam and category 3b today. I was a nervous wreck. Sending off for my license tomorrow. I will have a ton of questions for you guys.....
  2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations I know the feeling, I passed my test 2months ago also!
  3. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Its a waiting game here in Ontario.

Pass the Core and Landscaping exam $150. Wait 2 weeks for results.

Apply to the Ministry of Environment with Exam Results $90 for 5 years. Wait 2 weeks for Pesticide Licence.

Obtain General Liability Insurance and then apply for an Operators Licence with proof of your Pesticide Licence $200. Guess What, Wait 2-3 weeks for you Operators Licence to arrive.

7 weeks of waiting.

Waiting for the Core and Landscape results is a nail biter.

Some of the insurance companys say they want 1-3 years experience before giving out insurance.

Got a quote for $1600 Pesticide/Snow/Landscape $1Million general Liability. They want 1year experience.

Got a quote for $1200 Pesticide Apps and Landscape general Liability $1Million only. No experience but they want $2500 extra to cover for Snow Plow Liability. This includes $25,000 in Equipment.

Not consistent at all in my opinion.

Hope the info helps
  4. belmontebuilt

belmontebuilt LawnSite Member

I am writing my core exam and module exam soon. I have studied both manuals but wanted to know the level of difficulty.

Any info would be helpful

5. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats had my lic since 1983. Thanks for doing it the right way.
  6. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations !! I got mine about a year ago. Keep reading and learning. I put it off forever and am very happy to have it now.
  7. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

Great Job! Always seeing the classes at the Daniel Center at Purdue filled! Glad to know so many are doing the right thing. I got mine in the fall...such a great feeling! Enjoy!
  8. Peachtree Environmental

Peachtree Environmental LawnSite Member

Awesome, passed mine last Friday as well! When in doubt, READ and FOLLOW the label.
  9. Vanlue_b

Vanlue_b LawnSite Member

Congrats!!!! I will be going to the 2 day training program in march, and I am planing on taking the tests some time after that. Ive been studying the books like crazy. Do you got any advcie on what to study.
  10. jd20series

jd20series LawnSite Member

I just got mine this winter too. Great feeling to know you're doing it right! Jim.