I picked up my new Red Max EB7001 Blower on Christmas eve.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I picked it up Christmas Eve and after the hour drive I had to stop at one of my accounts and blow off the lot in the rain. Man I should have bought one a long time ago. What took me 1 hr 10 minutes with a Stihl Handhled blower took me about 16 minutes with this thing. I almost sent a 18" chunk of 2x6 through the front window of this dealership! OOPS I never thought that they would send heavy objects airborn! I would highly recommend one of these to anyone ! They have alot of power! I love it.

2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Congrats on a nice blower. I have had the 7001r for a year now and it is great. I did, however have problems with the on/off switch and the cruise. All minor problems, easily fixed.
    I also have an ECHO pb650, a Shindaiwa (whatever there big one is called, I forget) and the Stihl br420c. They are all good in their own ways. My favorite for power and comfort together is the RedMax. My favorite for straight power and dependability is the ECHO and if I am just doing a residential, I grab the lightest...the Stihl.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Guardian:
    What was your problems, and what fixed them???

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

They sure do blow

5. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We are very pleased with ours also. The only problem that we ever had was breaking the choke lever on one of them. Minor repair. Good luck with them...

6. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Premo-

The On/off switch wasn't actually broken, there was a problem in the wiring near the fan housing that caused the switch to fail. The Cruise switch actually broke off inside the throttle area. The dealer just ordered a new one.

Its a great blower. My only problem is that the dealer is a 45 minutes away and thats too far to go for little problems (plus they took 3 weeks to get the blower back to me)

7. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

For less than $10 you can get a high velocity nozzle that works great for this when it is wet.

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I love mine.