Lawn Care Forum banner

I picked up some new toys this week.

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  LawnScenes 
#1 ·
Not toys... I mean I picked up some new equipment this week.

Land Pride PR1672 powered rake...

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Plant

See less See more
#2 ·
Turbo Turf HS-500-EH hydro seeder...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Auto part Machine

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive fuel system Gas Cable

#4 ·
grass disaster said:
mmm mmm money bags!!!
lol. Nah. I'm just a firm believer in that old saying... "You have to spend money... To make money..." :drinkup:

#5 ·
nice looks awesome hope u make some money with them.

#8 ·
Thanks everyone. I like the rake so far. Haven't done anything with it yet but play around when I got it home Monday. I haven't even played with the seeder yet. Just went to pick it up yesterday. I have a good bit of work for it and the seeder lined up and I'm anxious to start.

JK... I'll let you know. I did a lot of looking around when I decided what I wanted and along with the price I liked the customer service I received from Turbo Tech. Enjoyed my visit with them also when I picked it up at their factory.

#10 ·
lawncare18 said:
What are you pulling these new toys around with? a Ford?? .. got a supllyer for your hydro mulch close by I hope? Best of luck to you this season!!!!
Yes... Yes, I can have pallets of seed, mulch, tack, and fert delivered from a local supplier. Or I can drive 30 minutes and pick it up if I need more in a hurry... And thanks...

#15 ·
Nice stuff.

#16 ·
tractrpowr45 said:
just wondering what size tractor you've got there and what is the width of the power rake?:cool2:
The tractor is a JD 3120... The rake has a 6 feet working area but it's right around 7 feet wide give or take a few inches. I was worried a bit when I wrote the check for it Monday if my tractor had enough to handle it. I played with it for about 2 hours today though and didn't have a problem at all.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with the hydro seeder tomorrow. I haven't even started it up yet.

#17 ·
sheshovel said:
Congradulations..now you can play with the bigger boys with those new toys!
That was my plan. I actually didn't put the "cart before the horse" like I'm notorious for doing. I had the work lined up before I made the purchases. And just about every day this week I've picked up 2-5 more jobs using both pieces. I wanted to add something that I could do by myself and another guy... But that also left me free to continue to run my business and meet with potentials. I thought about cutting grass and adding another crew just to mow this year but after I started getting "you said you'd charge this much, and I just had a guy say he'd do it for this" I went in another direction. This investment was 1/3 of what it would cost for adding a mowing crew and equipment and a lot less headache. I'm about 99.9% positive I'll never offer mowing. lol

Next is a CTL, mini ex, and JD 4120... But that's just a dream/I want at the moment.

#20 ·
tinman said:
how many sq. ft does the seeder cover? Nice looking stuff BTW
I was told and read 6600 square feet. But I'm not going to stand by that until I actually use it for the first time and find out for myself. Thanks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.