I planted grass without using starter fertilizer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by crc13, Apr 25, 2006.

1. crc13

crc13 LawnSite Member
    from 54313

Last year I did this, it has come up nice, but should I do anything to it now?
  2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

Read into this forum and the renovation & maintenance and commercial mowing forums, about any title that relates to grass, fert or mowing for about 10 to 15 pages in... then repost this question if it still exists.

I'm not being a wise-guy. Choose what you read by the thread title and you'll be amazed a the wealth of information. Some good and some terrible. After a day or so you'll start to distinguish between the two and notice which personalities around here know... and which just think they know.

If nothing else, you'll come back here in a week or two and re-post your question in a totally more informed manner. (believe me)

As I said I'm not being rude. You need to read what's been suggested 1000 times over, and then you'll start seeing patterns to the information and absorbing some of the "how to's". You'll see what's worked for this person and not for someone else... who's products are recommended over and over and which manufacturers products are mostly marketing ploys with not much substance.

Best of luck and I look forward to chatting again with you very soon.
  3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

you could just throw some regular apply anytime fertilizer, but don't mow for at least 5 days.