I prefer to call them Service Agreements

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DreamBig:LiveBigger, Jan 16, 2006.

1. DreamBig:LiveBigger

DreamBig:LiveBigger LawnSite Member

It seems in order to be successful you must have your customers sign a contract. I prefer to call them Service Agreements, so that I don't scare people away. I have yet to introduce service agreements to my customers but I am definitely doing it this year. It will be nice having the job security and also having the law on my side if someone decides not to pay. I was wondering if you guys had any examples of contracts or should I just have a lawyer make one up. I want to keep mine simple yet detailed, if that is even possible, I don't want to scare anyone away which is why I will make it clear to people they can cancel at anytime if they are unsatisfied with my service. For those of you who do work with contracts, do you give people a discount on the bottom line for signing? If so, how much? Any input and contract examples would be greatly appreciated.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You, me and probably 75% of the real LCO's on here call them that, and NO I don't give a discount just for signing it. Does the bank give you a discounted interest rate just for signing a loan note? No, it is required to get the loan. Therefore Service Agreements are required to get my services as quoted.

3. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I have a sample of one that I use. I got it here and made a few cahnges. If you want I can email it to you. Just send me an email to 2menandamower@bellsouth.net and I will send it to you. I do kind of give a disocunt to the customer if they take more than 3 services from me ie mowing, mulching, chems, hedge trims etc. Give me a shout and I will help you if I can.

Scott