I pulled a stupid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Oct 25, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

So I had a well head covered in leaves and I forgot about it as I turned around a tree and knocked it kinda hard. I poped the top off which I knew and the owner said I cracked the casing. Sooooooooo has anyone had experience with this before and could tell me what I might be looking at? I have full liability insurance.

2. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

1k$
    per 100 ft

3. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

4. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of well? Water? Gas?
    And what kind of casing is it? Plastic? steel?
    Is it cemented? Or graval packed.

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

Steel. Water and not sure on the rest. I don't know what's all wrong with it, just know its not pumping water. I only hit it at 5mph but it was a hard hit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

How do you know it was pumping before, wells don't get used much anymore

7. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

man that sucks....sorry that happened to you.

Not that it'll make you feel any better but earlier in the year my 21" toro mower launched a golfball-sized rock all the way across the street and straight through the door of the neighbor's almost new car. Talk about dumbfounded and ticked off at the same time......I had insurance but my deductible was $500.......your day can be going along just fine then BAM -- something crappy happens to mess up your whole week.

working around leaves is always dicey....you never know what's underneath them.

8. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Even at 5mph I find it hard to believe that you split the caseing. Steel casing is very tuff stuff.
    I bet you just broke the cap on the top and you might have broke the power cable that supplies power to the pump at the bottom of the well. Did you take any pictures?

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

Unless your in town every house uses a water well here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JCLawn and more

from MI

I examened it. The top came off and cut the wires. He rewired it and got it running but its not sucking up water. I was not there for that. I called my dad and says he bets its rusted and might of broke the pipe going into the house.
    Posted via Mobile Device