I pulled a stupid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Oct 25, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Actually they are super chill and he said he was calling ___ tomorrow and it wasn't anything earth shattering. I was planning on doing their fall cleanups on the house.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like the guy is willing to work with you. It could be worse. Some people act like i'm the enemy. I have this yard in a nice subdivision and the couple is getting alot of work done (cabinets, painting,remodeling, etc.) This guy in a yellow truck parks in the grass, and when i get close, he comes out and stares at me so nothing hits his truck. I don't fool with him, i just skip the whole area. He did it yesterday.

3. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

the pumps sit at the bottom of the well. a poly tube with wires attached run to the pump and to the house the pump may need to be primed.

4. JCLawn and more

from MI

So if the wires are cut does it loose prime? The center tube was metal forsure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. billc1004

most house have a pressure tank in the house . some have a air inlet like a tire valve .. not sure about your system . i did my well head a few years back so not an expert in this field . just throwing out the little i do know..

6. billc1004

but check youtube they have a few vids

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

My dad is pretty sure I broke the line to the house when I jarred the well. It seems to fit the story with what the guys said.

8. billc1004

could have a crack in it .just dont know if it can be repaired or you will have to replace the complete line . some are 60 ft to 200 ft or more !

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

Id says the question is how rusted is it. From what my dad says the pipe going down is in sections. So if its rusted beyond hope then ya, it all has to be replaced. I hope if that is it then it won't be all on me because it might be in a situation where it was ready to go.

10. billc1004

thats an old system it seems . past 30 years they have been poly .