1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i put down liquid fertilizer and it rained

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jeff_0, Jun 22, 2004.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

does it mean i have to fertilize again. it was a lot of rain. it pored. it was about 4 hrs after the application.
  2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

sounds to me like it was right on time...if your customer complains offer to re-do it if need be. But I bet you'll be surprised by the results. Some the best results I ever got were on misty, damp days...
  3. jeff_0

from md

i'm really hopeing the 4 hrs is enough time. Does anyone know what the recommanded time to apply before it rains
  4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

your fine, it should work great
  5. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i bet if you read on the lable or bag, it will say to water the lawn heavy after you put it down. You will be fine. The water breaks down the stuff and makes a barrier on the ground.
  6. jeff_0

from md

ok, thanks... i guess it should be fine. if it was a little rain i wouldn't of worried but it was the rain like if you drive you can barley see. but i guess it'll be ok
  7. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

I do liquid aps in the rain all the time. No worries!
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

As long as you aren't spraying a herbicide you will probably be fine. I know that Speedzone is a herbicide that is rainfast in 3 hours. I know it works because it happened to me and I had great success with it. Fertilizer needs to be watered in to work. I always use granular fert and it has different blends of SCU and immediately available N for different times of year. That way it isn't all dumped on the lawn if you get a washout. Good luck and keep learning.