I Quit A Moaner Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bobby, May 30, 2000.

1. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

She wanted more the first cut.She called after te second cut. Wanting more. Sometimes you can tell from the get go.Some people can not be satisfied. So goodbye.<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
  2. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Good for you!I got rid of 25% of my clients this spring that where jerks and late payers.I hope to be up to last years level of work by the end of this year.You are better off without them!!!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
  3. Hello Bobby:<p>Your better off & I bet you feel better too!<p>For some reason even if you explain exactly what you are going to do for a fee. They still want more?<p>Give them a inch & they want a mile!<p>All they think about is well he wasn't here very long & he won't mind doing this. Then later more & more.<p>They don't have a clue as to how much equipment cost are & all the other things involved in this business.<p>I do not have time for FREE Extras & I do not get paid for them either!<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/
  4. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

But Bobby,<br>That one moaner could have lead to referrals, now she can hurt you on<br>the downside. <p>A-1
  5. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

As long as you were doing your best you have no reason to worry.
  6. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Phil, I'm a one man show. I alwayse have more work than I can do. I provide quality and charge acordingly. Thats what I like about residentials. I don't believe any one customer can hurt me. My brother on the other hand just lost half his income from one commercial propery manager. they decided to go (in-house)<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
  7. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

don't blame you for dumping<br>do your own thing<br>pros & cons argued each way<br>A-1 answered above post, not Nilsson<br>A-1 works for Nilsson Associates<p>A-1
  8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Phil....A-1....M-16, whatever, wrote:<p>&gt;&quot;But Bobby,<br>That one moaner could have lead to referrals, now she can hurt you on<br>the downside.&quot;<p>Maybe, but from my experience the customers she would have gotten for you would have been carbon copies of herself. They run in packs.....like wild dogs :)<p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith
  9. Good work Bobby. You should never look back<br>when cutting loose a deadmeat residential customer. <p>As a solo operator you only have so many hours to work. Work for only the best people<br>at the highest margin. <p>Let your competition have these losers. That will keep them occupied and out of the high end areas.<p>IMHO residential customers are the work<br>of last resort. Don't take any bs from these brain dead morons the can't shine your shoes.<p>
  10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

amen. give them the boot. a low baller will pick her up. dont be concerned about her telling others,they know that shes a complainer and you bet that most of them are complainers also<br>