I Really Love Lawn Site

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 4, 2007.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I guess I am an internet junky. I spend WAY TOO MUCH time on Lawn Site.

Honestly, I am addicted to the net and this forum. I love to talk about my business and that is a bad habit because I waste so much time.

However, friends and family don't want to hear me talk about my business. Heck, I don't want to hear about their work either.

LawnSite, even if no one actually reads my posts, is a great outlet for me. By talking "bidness" on LawnSite, I'm less likely to bore friends and family with the details of my business.

However, I intend to re-register under another User ID, that will not have my web addres or anything like that. From time to time, I disagree with other members. Having my real business name associated with my posting ID...well, I just don't think it's a good idea to be posting things on a public internet site using a name that allows ANYONE to track me down with ease. There have been no problems to date, but I have finally realized that LawnSite is a long tem gig for me. I just think that mesages posted on a message board ought to be posted anonymously.

There are several folks in my area that know DFW Area Landscaper is me.

So, this is my final post as DFW Area Landcaper. I may log in and post under the DFW ID from time to time, but for the most part, DFW Area Landscaper is going away.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure we will all still recognize your banter...even under a different name.
    :waving:

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hey maybe you can get in a argument with yourself!!!

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, as you know I made the same mistake myself... even worse than you.

Having learned the hard way, I also feel exactly the same way.

If I could re-do things I would have started more anonymously myself.
    I don't blame you for your decision.

I wish I had made the same decision long ago... cause I feel I've been around too long to do it now... if that makes sense. Instead I've sorta taken a different approach.

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My family doesnt want to hear about my business either...thats one reason this site is so great. We can just get on here...and rant about customers or situations and most everyone can relate to it! The site is just great.

6. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

I just found this site and I know exactly what you guys are talking about. My girlfriend and all my buddies are pretty well done hearing me talk about my new mower, and how I'm going to advertise this year, and so on.

7. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a good idea , but are you allowed to re register under another name ?

You might get banned haha :cry:

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way you think!!!!!!!!!

9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

10. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I made the mistake of going on a few rants at the very beginning. It didn't take me long to figure out the world is a small place after all and even though the people on this site might not know who you are, they still know you by your posts and your sign on name. I've toned it down a little since then and if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry.