I salute all Veterans and their family's...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman99, May 27, 2001.

1. I want to extend my personal thanks to all veterans and their families that read or post this board. In particular the Vietnam vets who have never got their just due in any form.

I was one year too young when my number came up # 1 in the April 74 draft, and although Vietnam was winding down, I would have been drafted. That still does not make up for the sacrifice's made by our veterans, living and dead and the life long trauman they endure.

My father(RIP) was an Army veteran who went ashore at Normandy. My father in law is a Navy veteran who also went ashore at Normandy. We buried my neighbor on Friday in a full military funeral, who was a veteran of WW II and Korea. His family, one active duty son, and three active duty grandsons and two active duty firemen, were resplendent in their dress and demenor.What an example that man was.

I demand the US goverment account for all POW and MIA from Vietnam now.

Thank you from myself and my family.

2. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

turfman99, Amen to that. Many in this country will only look forward to just having another day off from the J.O.B.(just over broke). They could care less about this country and the men and women that stand postured to defend it.

If ya have a flag fly it at half maist until noon then raise it high. On this day you can bet I will be thinking about the ones i new who paid the ultimate price. The ones who can't walk, and the ones who just could not flush to pain from the brain, and the ones who stand ready to defend.

SFC (RET) 3/325th Recon Airborne Infantry Division

3. swn

swn LawnSite Member

We had a memorial service at my church tonight outside by the graveyard. It was really nice. My grandad, who was in WWII was just burried there about 3 months ago. Wish more people would take the time to remember what memorial day is all about.

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

salute to the vets! Dave g

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Our family sends many heartfelt Thanks and Blessings out to all the Veterans, past and present for fighting for what they belived in, or for at least having the courage to do what they knew had to be done.

Kris

6. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

turfman99

My number was 1 also, and like you I was too young for the draft, so I just did a lot of talking to have my parents cosign for me to enter the service, being I knew all the answers that civilian life had to offer at the time.

Then, I learned I didn't know it all, but it was an experience that all the time and money in the would could not buy.

7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I also agree. If weren't for them we couldn't do what we do everyday. I saw a documentry on the news and they showed how hard it is to start a biz in other countries. That is why they end up moving to the USA.

Thanks vets.

[​IMG]

8. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

My father was in korea, 2 hearts and 2 bronze, he died right in front of me from the BIG C. That very day i was called back from emergency leave to go to somolia. I know as a Marine vet, he would have been proud to see me go. I was lucky, I was not hurt over there. Today is a day that I remember my Marine father and what he did for us and to remember my fellow Marines who gave their lives in africa. I look at my oldest son and wonder what the corps will have for him to do as he is determined to be a 3rd generation Marine.
    I SALUTE ALL VETS, PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE.
    SEMPER FI....... THE GREANBEAN

9. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Amen to all these post. We had to bury my closest Uncle yesterday, he was a veteran of WWll and a great person. After the burial we went back to the cemetary and a ROTC member played taps and we stood around for a about and hour telling old storys about my uncle and it was great. I've never quite seen anything like this done before. It was quite moving.
    Grateful to have grown up beside him. Good bye Uncle Clay:angel:

10. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: LANDSCAPERS KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL;
    I SALUTE ALL AMERICAN VETS AND THERE FAMILY'S......
    MAY GOD BLESS USA.......