I saw one today!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Sep 9, 2001.

1. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

I was cutting a convenient store this afternoon and the ugliest thing I ever saw was sitting on a trailer at a gas pump. I mean it was UGLY. You don't see these around here any, but it was UGLY.
    My guys stopped weedeating and checked out this thing because it was SO UGLY. Guess what it was.

2. MIDSOUTH

I forgot to mention it was a Dixie Chopper. I sure hope they cut as good as they say because man this thing was UGLY!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It's this ugly.

[​IMG]

And it Cuts Like This.

[​IMG]

4. MIDSOUTH

Yep that was it, a strange sight around here- no dealers that I know of even close, the only difference it had knobby tires on back, kinda like atv tires.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

So can your pretty mowers make lawns look much better than the ugly mowers can? If so, please post them so we can see them.

I think all mowers are ugly, but as along as they make me money and keep on going for thousands of hours, who the heck cares what they look like. At least the main parts you see on them do not rust.

6. MIDSOUTH

They are a strange sight, once you get used to seeing them they probably are as common as an exmark, point I was making is you rarely see one around here. I agree all mowers are ugly with that one hitting a 10 on the ugly scale, I'd rather look at a pretty blonde anyday. No harm intended just cracking on you chopper guys. I need to get a digital camera so I can put up some pics, Truth is, I can't seem to get the exmark or scag to put stripes that good in St. Augustine or Centipede -so I guess you win on the stripes. I think you northerners grasses just stripe better.

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

beauty is in the eye of the be-holder .....or is that in the eye of the customer:->

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

yo eric!--one of the several problems I would have in showing you stripes and cuts like that is I aint got no grass to cut like that!

and if anybody else does then I missed it when they posted the pic!

zip, zilcho, zingo, NADA when it comes to grass that nice!

GEO;)

9. It's so ugly it's cute. Well I guess that's your opinion. So what mowers are beautiful to you? Let us know.

LGF:blob1:

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark! I look like the looks of Exmark. The Lazer Z EPS looks pretty cool. Gotta come up with $11,000 now...LOL.