I scared the crap out of myself today....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, May 26, 2004.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Parked the truck on an incline when I made a stop, when I was done mowing I went to put my Tiger Cub on the trailer and the increased angle of the gate took me for a wild ride.. Front wheels popped up, I lost control and the mower came to rest with the front wheels hanging over the rails of the trailer and arear tire hanging off the edge of the gate... That was fun getting solved by myself at 7:30 AM... :)

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Whoa cowboy!
    I'll bet that woke you up,Eh?

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've heard stories of people using lightweight trucks for pulling and when they load on the trailer, it causes the tounge to lift, lifting the rear tires of the truck. that's gotta be scary.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what I was thinking, that it must have woke you up for the day

5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

So Jon99, you learned something today and lived to tell about it, just how old do you feel after that?

6. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

"i've heard stories of people using lightweight trucks for pulling and when they load on the trailer, it causes the tounge to lift, lifting the rear tires of the truck. that's gotta be scary."

Everytime I load my Ford 3600 Tractor behind my Chevy Extended Cab 4X4 it does exactally that, never rolls even a inch though. 1st couple of times it was very scary but have gotten used to it.

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

oh yeah, my friend's truck was in the shop one week to he used his dads Suzuki Samurai to pull his Z and trailer around. That was funny to see those wheels in the air.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

This is why when I get around to it I am going to weld on some jacks to the back of my trailer. My F-150 doesn't like the Kubota B7500 tractor when loading. I plan to just have something that I can pull a pin, drop the leg, pin it up again, and load. No cranking.