I sent a complaint email to Stihl & they sent me several NICE gifts-wow!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Colaguy, May 3, 2013.

1. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I sent the following email to Stihl re those defective gas caps:

"Is Stihl offering any financial refunds regarding these fuel caps? I purchased several fuel caps after the original caps stopped working. This was before said fuel caps were recalled. Even if I return the caps I bought to replace with new caps, I'm still out on the $ I had to spend out of pocket to replace the original caps on the Stihl products I bought before the toolless fuel cap recall. Thank you."

Response:

Mr. XXXX,

Sorry about the fuel cap inconvenience Mr. XXXX. I’d be happy to send you some things to help make up for the money you spent on the fuel caps. If you will provide me with your address I’d be happy to get a care package out to you today.

Regards,

Ryan Hughes
    Technical Service
    STIHL Southeast
    ---------------------

I wasn't expecting to receive anything worthwhile lol.

Good job Stihl! :germanflag:

[​IMG]

2. ncnurseryman

ncnurseryman LawnSite Member

So, what was it?

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

They use those stupid caps on the kombi chain saw attachment, it caused me to spill bar oil on the customers grass.

I just bought anothe kombi head, the homewoners model and it has a real nice gas cap not the crabby one that never goes back in properly.

4. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you. I cant count the # of times I spill gas on clients grass lol. Stihl got lucky in that no Kombi ever caught on fire because of leaking fuel.

I bought another Kombi (110 model) last yr and it has a screw on cap like they had long before the bad gas cap came out.

Stihl dont make to many mistakes but that cap was a bad screw up. I hope they learned a serious lesson.