1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I sold the business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jul 12, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

After 11 years of service I finally sold the business this past week. I will however take over as manager of their lawn & landscaping department. Basically, I am going to be out in the field for the first two to four weeks training crews and everything and then after that I will be stuck in an office, doing estimates, and doing consultations.
    I am very happy with this move. It gives me a lot more freedom, better job security and better finanical movement, espeically for during the winter months because I will be paid on salary.
    I now don't have to worry about all the billing, taxes, paperwork, etc.
  2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Good luck with the new move and keep us posted.
  3. tiedeman

from earth

well thank you very much...we were in talks with the move for over 2 months and we just finalized everything this week.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats and good luck!

5. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

my 5 year business plan called for selling the business in 5 years . I'm now in my 6th year and running about 5 years behind my plan. I hope the sale goes well. Good Luck
  6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

are you working in farwell?, good luck, maybe some of your old clients are calling me, picked up 2 over there in the last few days.
  7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad I'm not the only one. I fell like I'm six years behind in my fifth year.

Selling or not. Those types of jobs do sound good sometimes.
  8. tiedeman

from earth

actually all the clients come over with the the buy out. It was Elm Creek that bought me out. They are now during lawn care.
  9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

did your helpers go to work for Elm Creek, I might be looking for some good employee's
  10. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Can you go into the generality of the purchase (without disclosing the facts of course)? I am curious if it was a purchase of assets, multiple of revenue (or EBIDTA), $$$ per customer, etc. The numbers are not my curiosity but the methodology. I too would understand if there is a non-disclosure.