I sold the d max.....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TandM, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

and now I have a tundra! which is no where near as good. but I can deal with it. I get better gas mileage and it pulls my 6x14 fine and I loaded the tractor behind it the other day and it pulled it fine. anyone else out there with tundras? Im goin to miss my d max though that thing was my baby! anyone else havin to sell off because of the economy?

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

No!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Why'd you sell the Dmax?

3. TandM

from south

I had too Times are too tough right now so I sold it I got 18k for it! its worth about 15k. and I really didnt need it to tow a landscape trailer. I am goin to miss the diesel. but the tundra was free!! courtesy my grandpa! it was his truck when he passed. I had some dual exhaust put on it and it sounds mean! whenever I need to tow something heavy I can break out the reak truck (07 dodge ram 3500 dually! cummins of course!)

4. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Not tryin to be an ass, but don't you think keeping the truck and not getting another one would not be considered selling off. :confused:
    Was it because of fuel mileage?

5. TandM

from south

well I guess selling off is not really the word for it how about down grading? that work for you? fuel mileage was one thing. and the insurance was crazy for some reason it is much cheaper now. and really I didnt need that big of a truck

6. 4.3mudder

I see, I was just pullin your leg. Times are getting tough. I'm going to have to find a car with a v8 and use that instead of my truck. I see your 16, THAT is why insurance is high. LOL

Aww nothing beats a Cummins, even though you like duramax. I just like the tone and rumble. My dream truck is the 24 valve Cummins in the older Dodge trucks.

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

You got that right, the older cummins have such a great tone, especially the older they get the better they sound.. Still cant beat the 5.9 imo..

8. TandM

from south

yea I know haha no hard feelings! and yea i love the cummins it will flat out move! and yea it sounds a lot better then powerjokes duramaxs. I do like my little tundra though I was suprised at how quick it is. its way faster then all the other truck from ford dodge and chevrolet with similar sized engines and the bigger ones as well. it will go very fast!! especially right off the line. from about 0-50 Im gone. then it picks back up at 70 ish

9. 4.3mudder

A chip, injectors, exhaust, and you can leave anybody at the red light in a thick black cloud of smoke. :weightlifter:. I can't wait to get one. I wish when I did my engine conversion in my yota to put a 4 cyl Cummins, awwwww it would have been bad azzzz. Oh well.

10. TandM

from south

now that would have been super sweet! what about a 5.9 in a tundra? I think I just came up with a 30mpg pickup truck that will smoke anything......