I spread theDylox and......

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CRUZMISL, Aug 2, 2006.

1. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

Well, it finally stopped raining long enough for me to spread the dylox and kill these damned grubs.

See first thread here.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=154351).

I had to wait a few days because the soil was saturated. Anyway, I spread it and a few days later I have dozens of birds feeding on my lawn. It looks kind of strange. My neighbors probably think I'm feeding the birds. Do the grubs come to the surface before they die or what? Purely coincidental?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

it amazing how the birds know there are grubs before you see any signs, the grubs are just under the thatch layer eating the roots. if it hasn't rained since you put down the dylox it needs to be watered in.

3. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

Yes I watered it in. Funny thing is prior to the Dylox I had no birds.....:confused:

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The grubs do come to the surface and die. The birds will then pick the Dylox infested grubs apart.

5. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

Thanks for the reply. Good info to know. They should put this quote on the bag

"when you have a flock of birds come feed on your lawn you know the Dylox is working" :laugh:

Next year it's imacloprid for me. THis created a bunch of extra work I didn't need. Oh well, live and learn.

6. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

usually the grubs come higher to the turf when it rains a lot.